eso

eso

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Baptized By Fire


           Well, after about 12 awkward minutes of staring at this blank page, I might as well just jump in and start with the basics, an introduction. If you dont know already, my name is Addison and I am a very lost 20 year old. I dont really have many interests. I play a lot of videogames, watch a ridiculous amount of movies, and am an avid Gamefaqs lurker. I very much enjoy musc. (I will not be saying "music is my life". There is no way to describe how much I hate when people say that.) I really like to make people laugh, I love dressing well, and i just realized that this is starting to sound like an e-Harmony add.
           I guess I decided to start writting this because I want to change. I just moved back in with my parents after a year and a half of attempting to live on my own. It took a while, but I finally came to the realization that being a server in a Titusville restaurant and living in a small, dark, and lonely apartment is not really living. I may be in a brighter house and actually have people to interact with every day but, I dont want the most productive thing I've done all week to be saving the galaxy from a reaper invasion. I need to get a job, friends, and get back in school..... quick.
         There is one big part of life that seems to throw me for a loop every single time I go for it. Making friends. I know I sound like even more of a nerd than i really am but, How does it work?!?! In my 20 years on this rock I have had maybe a handfull of friends, and of them, very few close friends. Sure I'm a likable guy and get along with people that I see, but I dont know how to be friends with them without sounding like a creep. I'm like Paul Rudd in I Love You Man, minus the hot fiancee. I want to hang out with people, I want to have somebody to go out and give blood with. I'm tired of going to the movies and stores alone. I love my Ipod, but it really needs to stop being my only friend. I want to change that. I need to change that. I just don't know how.
          Somehow it just became 3 am, so I should probably get some sleep. I am going to make a promise to myself. I dont care if no one is reading this, or if I have done absolutely nothing for the day, I will write atleast 1 paragraph a day and post it. I need to keep my brain active somehow.

2 comments:

  1. e-harmony ad*

    Sorry I am late to the game, but you always need a grammar back-up. Better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I try to catch most of them. You're bound to find a whole lot more.

      Delete