eso

eso

Friday, July 20, 2012

Ballad of Serenity

               Hey, everyone. Addison here with another super awesome playlist! Today I was going to do a "top ten Robin Williams movies" list, but I was told I'm not allowed to until I watch Dead Poets Society. Having Flubber on the list and not that one is apparently a big no no. So, in its place, I bring you my top ten guilty pleasures. These are songs that ( As a heterosexual man) I should not be jamming out to. I not only jam out to these songs, I rub a little funk on it. I do my awkward white guy dance and sometimes I sing along to them. It's pretty embarrassing, but what isn't these days? And, just to mix things up a little,  lets play a game. By the end of the list, I want everyone to guess how I ranked each song. Allons-y!


#10  Marky Mark and the Funky - Wildside
While it may be cool to make fun of Marky Mark, it is not cool to listen to Marky Mark. Just about every time I see him in a movie, this song comes to mind an I start to hum it... Then the head bobbing starts. Then I'm on a full blown walk...... On the wild side ( I'm sorry, I had to).
#9    Nero - Promises
             Promises makes the list simply because I feel like a douche whenever I listen to it. It's a good song, but that stigma dubstep has really ruins it. It's a shame really.

#8    Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts

                I love Christina Perri. It doesn't matter where I am or who is making fun of me for it, I sing this song whenever it comes on. I even got distracted and sang it aloud to a table I was waiting on. They didn't mind it though. (They were cougars and my work pants were very tight in one area.)

#7    Ellie Goulding - Guns and Horses
                 Ellie Goulding has a very strange voice. I'm not sure if I like it, but I know I don't dislike it. Her songs are just really catchy ( especially the acoustic version of Starry Eyed).
#6    La Roux - Bulletproof
                I'm just going to remind a certain someone who is probably going to make fun of me later, you love Erasure and I will retaliate publicly.
#5    Indigo Girls - Closer to Fine

                I should remind everyone that, while I do love women, I am not a lesbian. I have chest hair and a penis. That is all.

#4    Marian Call - Vanilla
                 Marian Call is cute, nerdy, and Alaskan. Why wouldn't I listen to her music?
                
#3    Peaches - Hot Rod
                 Theres really only one type of person that should listen to Peaches, women who really hate men and try to be vile and grody as hell in order to gain dominance through intrigue. Seeing as how I'm not a man hater, I don't know why I listen to peaches. Hell, it took me about ten minutes to find a song that doesn't involve anal sex.
#2    Ke$ha - We R Who We R
                I don't even have a defence for this one. I really like Ke$ha and I cant help it. Hell, as a welcome home present, my sister got me this cd.... I played the shit out of it....
#1    Britney Spears - Till the World Ends
                I can blame this one on a certain ginger who constantly plays this song. Any time theres a bar with a jukebox, she runs over to it and pays for this song to play 10 times throughout the night. I didn't even know it was Britney Spears until tonight. Totally blaming the ginger for this one.






               There we have it. I just gave the  world all the ammo it needs to mock me for at least another day ( My phone is ready for the insulting text that will ensue). I'm probably going to regret this one, but I didn't watch Dead Poets Society today, so I probably deserve it. I'll try to watch it tomorrow, but I can't promise anything. As always, I hope you all have a great night/day and I will get back to you all tomorrow.
Vampire Safety Tip #3 : The heart is a really tiny target. Instead of trying to spear a vampire through the heart, just go all Highlander on it. If you cut the head off of anything, it dies (Well, maybe not the monster from Hercules.).

No comments:

Post a Comment