eso

eso

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rich Man Can Ride And The Hobo, He Can Drown

                 Hey everyone. I'll be making this one quick tonight. I have the first 2 seasons of  Lost Girl downloaded (just about done with the 1st season). I forgot I downloaded it because I tried to rock some Minecraft today and surprise, my 360 froze during an auto-save and I lost all the work I did on my fortress and had to start from scratch. I do have a new plan for it though, so I guess it was for the best. Any who, I was a little tweaked and only started a small bit of it.
                 I'm pretty mad at Minecraft right now, so lets backtrack to Lost Girl. I wasn't too sure about this show and wasn't even going to watch it, but after only downloading tv for the past year, I had run out of shows to watch. One night, I walk out of my room to see my dad watching some syfy show and turns out it was Lost Girl. I asked him how it was and told me I should download it right away. So I did, and it stayed in my downloads file for a few days. The  internet was acting up one day this week, so I sat down and watched an episode, then another, then some more. I now know why this show is still running (and should never ever end!). Lesbians. The main character of the show is a really really hot succubus who gets people to do whatever she wants by touching them. Downside to her power? She has to feed on the natural energy of people. To get that energy, she usually kisses them.... or has sex with them. And a lot of the time, that person is another hot woman. I now love this show, and I'm not entirely sure what it's about.
                I know there are plenty of guys right now saying "But Addison, why would you love lesbians when you know they only like other women? You will never have a chance with them!". To that I say, Who cares? Does anyone truly have a chance with anyone else? Every morning, when I'm in the shower, I tell myself the same thing "Addison, you are not and will never be good enough for any girl". So far, I'd say that's been working for me. With no expectations, I can never be let down. I can never feel the pain of rejection if I never even ask. It's perfect, and the best part? I'm not nervous talking to attractive women! If you throw out all thoughts of "I want them to like me" or "I hope I'm not embarrassing myself in front of her", then you never care enough to get nervous.
               I'm not saying that when I'm around people, I do stupid thing and don't care about anything. I do care about what I say and do, just not because I want people to like me. I care because I want to like myself. If you don't like yourself, then you need to check your priorities. And before people get concerned about the whole "not good enough" part, don't worry. It's not a self loathing thing or a "I should just die, no one would miss me" thing. It's really just my low expectations for life. Don't get me wrong, I want to have a house, career, and wife one day. That would be amazing. I just don't expect that fairy tale to happen. And if I don't expect it, I cant be let down.
               I guess what I really want to say here is just be who you want to be. Don't do or say things because you think it will make someone like you. Do it because it would make you like you. And don't take this as me saying that no one should every try to find that special someone, just don't compromise who you are to change for someone. If they're the right one, they will like you, not who you change yourself to become.
And did I mention Lost Girl has a midget bartender?
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment