eso

eso

Monday, July 16, 2012

Beat Your Heart Out

                 Hey, everyone. Addison here, back with another awesome playlist. The last one was all about psyching you up for anything. This time, I'm taking a different rout. I figured I need to share with the world my playlist of the best love songs I know. A little more thought went into the order of this one, so I hope you all enjoy it. Seriously, I spent and hour and a half coming up with the best order. The right amount of rise and and best time to fall, then rise again. This must have been so hard when giving a girl a mix tape was a thing.


#1         Jenny Owen Youngs : Last Person

               This is a great song for trying to get un-friend zoned or get a girl who just keeps choosing the wrong guy. I pretty much says " Hey, there are good guys in the world, you just don't notice me because I'm shy and awkward as hell".
#2         Rick Springfield : Jessie's Girl

                I don't know about everyone else, but I love Rick Springfield ( especially his Christmas CD from a few years back.). Every guy at one point has looked at his friends girlfriend and thought  "Why him? What don't I have? I would treat her so much better". Unlike the rest of the world, Rick wrote a song about it and probably lost a friend. Was it worth it? Probably.

#3         Christina Perry : Arms

                 Arms is a catchy song about not believing that you're good enough for love and believing that all you do is hurt those around you, deny all feelings. But when it comes to love, you can't just pretend its not there. You just want that person you love to fight for it.

#4         Peter Bjorn and John: Young Folks

                Young Folks in about not judging a book by its cover. Just because that last person you dated was into rock and roll and was horrible to you, it doesn't mean that anyone into rock and roll will beat you. That's just silly. If you like someone give them a chance. Whats the worst that could happen?
#5         U2 : All I Want is You
                 
              All I Want is You is a great song that declares that love is the only thing worth having. You can offer up anything in the world, but all that should matter is love. If you want more than that, then you don't know how great love is. Love should be enough.
#6         Dashboard Confessional : Screaming Infidelities

              Ever walk around campus and think to yourself, " Why does that D-Bag with the acoustic guitar on the quad have so many girls following him?" This guy, right here, is to blame. Chris Carrabba ( lead singer) made girls think its hot when a guy plays acoustic and talks about feelings. I for one would like to thank him for introducing the "sensitive guy routine" and would like hi to next make the tuba cool. I'd pick it back up, but it doesn't really scream sex appeal.
#7         Danielle Ate the Sandwich : We are Hot Dogs

               Whats better than a cute, goofy girl with a webcam and guitar? I have been an avid listener of Danielle Ate the Sandwich for about 5 years now and i have to say, she does the song Rich Girl better than Hall and Oats. I love me some Hall and Oats as much as the next guy, but the ukulele just kinda does it for me.
#8         Ingrid Michaelson : You and I

             I may have my guy card revoked for this one, but You and I is a really great song by the ever talented Ingrid Michaelson. Its a song about just barely getting by financially, but it doesn't matter if you're with the one you love. Hell, everythings better if you're with the one you love (especially the ukulele).
#9      Ellie Goulding : Elton John's "Your Song"

               I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack about me preferring Ellie Goulding's cover, but I do. Elton John's voice just isn't my jam. And the mixture of stings, chorus, and piano in this cover is perfect. Good job ,Ellie.
#10      Golden Earring : Radar Love

               Radar Love, easily the best song on 1973 ( I"m looking at you, Carly Simon), is about driving late at night and having such a strong connection with the one you love that you can feel them calling out to you from the other end of the highway. I'm usually not a fan of the Dutch, but they did good with Radar Love.
#11      The Darkness : I Believe in a Thing Called Love
              
                 What is this? I don't even know what I just watched, but I think I liked it. It's like Land of the Lost but with a giant space crab.
#12      Better Than Ezra : Sincerely, Me

                     Sincerely, Me is a letter to the one that got away. Things were great, you said nothing would come between you, but something did. This song is pretty much an "I'm sorry", "I miss you", "please come back" letter. A great way to end a playlist, with and apology.

           


                  There you have it, my ultimate love song playlist. Please, if anyone remembers the time of making mix tapes for people, I would really like to know how I did. This was a lot harder than I thought. If anyone else would like to compliment me on my musical taste, thank you in advance, and you can drop me a line on facebook or leave a comment below. Before I leave I just want to say, People of the mixtape era, I salute you.

1 comment:

  1. How can you not like Elton John.
    B B B BENNY AND THE JETTS.
    Tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete