eso

eso

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Spoilers Insue

                    Hey, everybody. I did it. I finally sat down and watched Dead Poets Society. While I liked the movie, I'm not a fan of the ending. Of all the characters, Perry (Wilson for House) is the one I liked the most. They had so many options to keep the ending, but kill off a different student. Ethan Hawke, the quiet student standing in the shadow of his older brother, could have offed himself when pressured to be as good as his brother. Or Josh Charles, heart broken by the rejection of the beautiful Alexandra Powers, could have taken his own life.
                   The point I'm trying to make is that Wilson didn't have to kill himself. It could have been so many other people, and the movie would have still ended with the iconic "Oh Captain, my captain" scene. They could have still pinned the death on Robin Williams, and the boys would have still signed the paper. I guess there's a chance I would feel differently, had I not seen House before this movie, but I can never know. Watching house made me a fan of this actor and made me automatically like his characters more than others.
                   All around, I would say Dead Poets Society is one of Robin Williams' better movies. Robin Williams plays the English teacher we all wish we had, but doesn't really exist. He brings a certain warmth and passion to the role as he strives to encourage individualism amongst his students. "Surprisingly", his methods are met with discouragement from his fellow teachers ( the ultra conservative/ traditional crust old white guys).
                   There is one thing that puzzles me. What was the point of the group? There was only one night of attempting to seduce women, all the others were, as said by Josh Charles, " A bunch of guys sitting around reading poetry". I guess it could have just been about the thrill of escaping the confines of their school, but why a small Indian cave? It could just be my dislike of the dirtiness that is nature, but I would not want to hang out in a cave each night and read poetry. My lack of creativity may also be aiding in me not understanding the love of poetry.
                    It seems I need to adjust my list of the top ten Robin Williams movies before I post it. However, that is a mission for another time. After only sleeping 3 hours, I am seeing a nap in my very near future. As always, I  hope everyone has a great day. And feel free to leave a comment ( The comment box has been fixed).
Skyrim Survival Tip #3: While your voice may be able to knock a dragon out of the sky, you still need a lock pick to unlock a wooden door. So stock up on picks.

And you think Red was hard on Erik!

No comments:

Post a Comment