eso

eso

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Under Glass

                Hey, everybody. So, it would seem I have a very addictive personality. Since starting up Skyrim again the other day, I can't seem to put it down. I just can't stop questing and dungeon diving. I decided to make a new character and go through the game on the hardest difficulty. I pretty much have to sneak the entire time, because I die from any and all hits ( A crab killed me in the first hour of the game). There is one good thing coming out off all of this Skyrim-ing. I call it the video game diet. The video game diet is where, any time I would be eating, I play a video game instead. Trust me, it works (that's how I lost all that weight in high school).
                Aside from playing Skyrim, I may have found a way to lead into my dream job ( doing professional video game reviews and walkthroughs). I was telling a buddy of mine how Google just accepted my request to put ads up on my blog ( I get paid per click). From there, he kept telling me that I should start a YouTube channel and get ads up on there, make some money per view. That's when it hit us, we are both hilarious and play video games. So I've been looking into how to record video and audio from my xbox and what editing software we should use. It was starting to seem like we would need to be in the same room, be mic'ed up, and have our xboxes linked together. It was starting to sound like we would need a lot of money that I don't have yet. After a few hours of trying to think it through last night, I found a solution. All I have to do is adjust some of the settings on my console, use my turtle beach headphones, and buy the converter I found on amazon.
                Since I really want this to be successful, I'm not going to settle for one of the cheap $20 recording unit on amazon. I found a great hi-def recorder for about $200. With this new job starting next week ( Hopefully I start then.), it shouldn't take long to get the money to pay my sister back for the trip we took to Portland, then buy that recorder. I am so excited about this. If we do this right and get it out there, we would have the potential to get sponsors or even get picked up by a big company. If anyone has any advice they want to throw my way, I would really appreciate it.
               So, that's what I've been up to the past few days. I know, I was supposed to watch Dead Poets Society and do my Robin Williams list, but Skyrim is just too damn addicting. I swear, I'm really going to try to watch it tomorrow and get that updated list on here if it beats any of the other titles. It's getting pretty late ( or early, depending on how you look at it), so I should get some sleep. I hope everyone has a great night/day, and feel free to leave a comment ( I fixed the issue with needing a user name).
Skyrim Survival Tip #1 : When adventuring, don't take an arrow in the knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment